1. What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device when accessing certain web pages. Cookies are small information files that the server sends to the computer of the person who accesses the website for the correct operation and visualization of the sites by the user, as well as the collection of statistics. In no case may cookies damage your computer. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website and help us provide a good experience when you are browsing our website. Disabling these cookies may probably prevent some of the functions offered by these services.
2. Cookies Identification
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: Own cookies are those sent to the user’s equipment from equipment or a domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies are those sent to the user’s equipment from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the publisher, but instead by another entity that handles the data obtained through the cookies. If the cookies are installed from equipment or a domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered to be the publisher’s cookies.
According to the length of time that they remain active:
- Session cookies: This is a type of cookie designed to gather and store data while you are accessing our website.
- Persistent cookies: This is a type of cookie where data is stored on the terminal and can be accessed and handled for a specific period of time, which may span from several minutes to several years.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: This type of cookie is needed in order to browse our website and for it to work properly. They allow, for instance, traffic monitoring and data communication, entry to restricted access sections, the use of safety elements and content storage in order to show videos or share content through social networks.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies are either handled by us or by third parties; they allow us to count the number of users and obtain statistical measurements and analyses of how users use our website. To do this we analyse browsing on our website with the objective of improving the range of products and services that we offer.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
At ISDI Accelerator we do not collect or store your personal information (for example, your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify you.